VA Mortgage Loans
We are 100% dedicated to helping service men and women reach their goals of homeownership. For military members, the VA mortgage loan program makes owning or renovating a home possible by allowing eligible veterans and active-duty military personnel flexible loan options.
VA Loan Highlights
- Guaranteed by the Department of Veteran Affairs
- Finance 100% of the home’s value
- Provides financing for qualified veterans, active-duty personnel, reservists, and eligible family members
- No down payment required (up to conforming limit)
- 4% seller concession allowed (i.e., VA funding fee, taxes and insurance, gifts, etc.)
- No limit on seller contributions toward closing cost
- Variety of fixed-rate and adjustable-rate loans available
VA Renovation Loan Highlights
- Finance up to $35,000 in renovations
- Renovation term can last up to six months
- Minimum 10% Contingency Reserve is required (this may be financed into the loan)
- Purchase and renovate a home through a single mortgage
SWBC Mortgage loan officers are experienced with the entire VA program. We can assist you with obtaining the required Certificate of Eligibility to help ensure a timely closing and answer any questions you may have about the homebuying process.
Click here to get prequalified!
If you're a military veteran living in Texas, you may be qualified for a Texas Vet mortgage loan. Click here to learn more!