Please read this notice carefully. If you have questions about this policy, please call 800-460-6990.
How we collect your personal information
SWBC Mortgage Corporation collects your personal information, for example, when you:
- Apply for a loan
- Give us your employment history
- Give us your contact information
- Give us your income information
- Provide account information
our website and to collect anonymous, aggregated site-visitation statistics that we can use to measure the effectiveness of, and to improve, not only our website, but our products and services.
We may use standard Internet tools such as web beacons, which collect information that tracks your use of our website and enables us to customize our services and advertisements.
Log files allow SWBC to monitor, on an anonymous, collective basis, information such as:
- Internet service providers that our customers and visitors use.
- Type of browsers, such as Microsoft Explorer or Mozilla Firefox that our customers and visitors use.
- Internet Protocol addresses of our customers and visitors.
- Traffic on our web pages and the average time spent on each page.
- Number of first-time visitors and return customers to our website.
This information helps us monitor our website and ensures that it is accessible to customers and visitors. This information also helps us develop content and services that offer the best value and most benefits to our customers and visitors.
How we protect your personal information
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, SWBC Mortgage Corporation uses security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
- Secure facilities with access controls at public points of entry, as well as the use of security systems
- Access to customer records is restricted to only the employees determined to need the information to provide products and services to you, such as underwriting, loan processing, and mortgage servicing
- Contractually requiring business partners to safeguard and prevent the unauthorized use of personal information
- Protecting information through security enhancing software such as virus and intrusion detection and prevention and secure technologies to safeguard transmission of information through our websites
- Implementing data encryption and other security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of data stored in our systems
- Auditing company security practices
What we do with your information
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include your social security number, income, account balances, payment history, credit history, and credit scores.
All financial companies need to share customers' personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons SWBC Mortgage Corporation chooses to share and whether you can limit this sharing.
You CAN NOT limit the information we share for:
- Our everyday business purposes—such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus.
- Our marketing purposes—to offer our products and services to you
- Joint marketing with other financial companies
- Our affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your transactions and experiences
You CAN limit the information we share for:
- Our affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness
- Our affiliates to market to you
We DO NOT share information with non-affiliates.
Please note: If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice. However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
Why can't I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information
about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for non-affiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
Your choices will apply to everyone on your account
How to limit sharing
To limit the information we share, please call 800-460-6990.
Affiliates: Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies. We have affiliates and share personal information with them, Southwest Business Corporation (SWBC), SWBC Insurance Services, Inc., SWBC Life Insurance Company, SWBC Life Insurance Agency, Inc., Cotrak Insurance Services, Inc., SWBC Investment Company, SWBC Investment Advisory Services, LLC, AP Account Services, LLC, SWBC Professional Employer Services, HomePlus, SWBC Lending Solutions LLC, NINPRO Data, Inc.
Non-affiliates: Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
Please note: We do not share personal information with non-affiliated third parties.
Joint marketing: A formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
Please note: We share personal information with joint marketing partners, Banking and financial institutions, mortgage service providers, insurance companies and direct marketing companies.
Other important information
Our postal address is: 9311 San Pedro Ave, Suite 100 San Antonio, TX 78216
For Vermont Residents:
Your state law requires financial institutions to obtain you consent prior to sharing information about you with others. Except as permitted by law, we will not share information we collect about you with non-affiliated third parties or companies in our corporate family unless you call us at 1-800-460-6990 and authorize us to do so.
For California Residents:
In accordance with California law, we will not share information we collect about you with companies outside of our corporate family, except as permitted by law, with your consent, or to service your account. We will limit sharing among our companies to the extent required by California law.