What does SWBC Mortgage Corporation do with your personal information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and income
- Account balances and payment history
- Credit history and credit scores
- Information about your visit to our website
SWBC Mortgage Corporation collects your personal information, for example, when you:
- Apply for a loan
- Give us your employment history
- Give us your contact information
- Give us your income information
- Provide account information
- Visit our website
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
We may collect and store information about your visit to our website. To collect this information, our web server may write a “cookie,” which is a small file, to your hard drive.
We may use standard Internet tools such as web beacons, which collect information that tracks your use of our website and enables us to customize our services and advertisements.
Log files allow SWBC to monitor, on an anonymous, collective basis, information such as:
- Internet service providers that our customers and visitors use.
- Type of browsers, such as Microsoft Explorer or Mozilla Firefox that our customers and visitors use.
- Internet Protocol addresses of our customers and visitors.
- Traffic on our web pages and the average time spent on each page.
- Number of first-time visitors and return customers to our website.
This information helps us monitor our website and ensures that it is accessible to customers and visitors. This information also helps us develop content and services that offer the best value and most benefits to our customers and visitors.
Reasons we share your personal information:
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons SWBC Mortgage Corporation chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
You CANNOT limit the information we share for:
- Our everyday business purposes—such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus.
- Our marketing purposes—to offer our products and services to you
- Joint marketing with other financial companies
- Our affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your transactions and experiences
You CAN limit the information we share for:
- Our affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness
- Our affiliates to market to you
We DO NOT share information with non-affiliates.
Why can't I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for non-affiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
Your choices will apply to everyone on your account
How to limit sharing
To limit the information we share, please call 800-460-6990 or visit us online at swbcmortgage.com/contact-us
How we protect your information:
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, SWBC Mortgage Corporation uses security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
- Secure facilities with access controls at public points of entry, as well as the use of security systems
- Access to customer records is restricted to only the employees determined to need the information to provide products and services to you, such as underwriting, loan processing, and mortgage servicing
- Contractually requiring business partners to safeguard and prevent the unauthorized use of personal information
- Protecting information through security enhancing software such as virus and intrusion detection and prevention and secure technologies to safeguard transmission of information through our websites
- Implementing data encryption and other security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of data stored in our systems
- Auditing company security practices
Affiliates: Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies. We may share information with related companies owned or controlled by our parent corporation, SWBC Corporation, including SWBC Insurance Services; SWBC Life Insurance Company; SWBC Lending Solutions LLC; SWB Real Estate Services LLC; HomePlus.
Non-affiliates: Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies. SWBC Mortgage Corporation does not share information with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
Joint marketing: A formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you. SWBC Mortgage Corporation does not jointly market.
Other important information
Our postal address is: P.O. Box 77404, Ewing, NJ 08628
For California Residents:
Your state law requires your consent prior to sharing your information with others. We will not share information we collect about you with companies outside of SWBC Corporation unless allowed by law, for example, to service your account, or you call us at 1-800-460-6990 and authorize us to do so. Additional information for CA residents available at swbcmortgage.com/CCPA-policy.
For Nevada Residents:
We are providing this notice under state law. If you prefer not to receive marketing calls from us, you may be placed on our internal Do Not Call List by calling 1-800-460-6990. You may also contact the Nevada Attorney General’s office: Bureau of Consumer Protection, 555 E. Washington St., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101; Phone number 1-702-486-3132; email: BCPINFO@ag.state.nv.us